Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dreaming in Technicolor


I always wanted to be an artist. I did ok in art class growing up but it was my brother Paul who became the official artist in the family. (he is a totally amazing artist!) I would try to paint what was in my head but it never seemed to turn out the way I wanted on paper. Not even close! Lucky for me, technology has changed to a point that I can manipulate a photograph into the "vision" I had when I was looking through the viewfinder. I dreamed of this ethereal, whimsical scene for months before I could drag a couple of unwilling subjects to this spot. I love how it turned out. The current artistic vision in my head involves castles and huge cliffs overlooking the coastline of Northern Ireland. Can someone pass along the subtle hint to my husband that this "artist" needs a bigger canvas to work with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009 'One-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog