Wednesday, October 21, 2009

For Dave Cisco.........

A couple of years ago I met a Master Photographer through a volunteer organization called "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep". His name was Dave Cisco and he was the director for our area. (The organization provides free photography to families spending their last moments with a dying baby in the hospital.)
I asked Dave if he would help me with my photography. What he said really caught me off guard. He said "Throw everything you've done up until now away and start over!" Huh? Say what? "Yep, you need to start from scratch if you want to improve". He spent an afternoon with me teaching me about light and then encouraged me to go to several schools and classes over the next year. I told him he was my OB1 or my Mr. Miyagi and I was the karate kid. It hurt my pride just a bit but in the end I think he was right. I really needed to look at light in a new way. I still have a lot to learn but I'm getting there. I used a lot of what I've learned over the past year in this session with Ciara. We have a lot we can learn from our elders and I'm grateful for one who told me to start over. Dave, you will be missed by the photographic community.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2009 'One-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog